Beauty Prep! Be your best prepared to be beautiful!
I wanted to share a few things about beauty prep so you can get your moneys worth, and let’s just get to the point!
- Very important! Beauty prep involves coming with your hair CLEAN! And by that I mean, no product in the hair.
- When you wash your hair either the night before, or morning of, do not apply conditioner to your roots. Apply it on the ends and rinse quickly! The dryer the hair, the better it is to style. Products will end up weighing it down!
- Arrive with you hair smooth and dry. Blow dry your hair as smooth as you’re able to without products. And this means no curling irons or straight irons. Just blow dry with a paddle brush to smooth it out.
- Exfoliate your skin the morning of. All skin must glow! Even exfoliate your lips. You can use a toothbrush if you forget your lip exfoliant!
- Apply face lotion and light eye cream. Don’t forget to get rid of any old mascara from the night before. I don’t recommend oil for your eye makeup remover. It can make your makeup move around too much.
- Another important beauty prep step is making sure your robe doesn’t go too far up the neckline. It can leave frizzies at the bottom!
Other Beauty Prep Tips
There is one and only one self tanner that I recommend. The brand is Loving Tan, and I use the medium color. It smells good, doesn’t streak, and has an olive undertone rather than orange.
You can buy it at Ulta and it retails at $39.95
I recently discovered it just by looking up self tanners. Proceed at your own risk! I am obsessed and I want to share, but try it out at least a month before your wedding.
It’s a foam self tanner that you apply with a mitt. I use the medium and you apply it in small fast circular motions. I’ve used it a few times now, and there’s definitely a way to apply it that’s been working for me.
Exfoliate first. Apply lotion on the knees, feet, and elbows.
I start with the lower leg first with one pump and circular motions. I then do the other lower leg. I then move to the upper thigh, and so on.
When it comes to the back, if you’re not super flexible, I would have someone else do it for you.
Let it dry before you put clothes on, and then rinse in the morning.
Of course, if you have someone that you go to for an airbrush tan, by all means use them. But if you’re planning a destination wedding, and don’t wanna take any chances, this is what I recommend.
Work that Body
Assuming that you workout, maybe you don’t need to read this part because you’re awesome. HOWEVER, not everyone eats perfectly, and it can be easy to fall off the Orangetheory Fitness wagon!
So of course, I recommend a workout routine. But let’s say you’re 5 lbs over what you were when you tried on your wedding dress. You need a plan that works.
I’ve tried everything with weightloss, and I’ve only found one regimine that works. It’s called LEAN AND GREEN.
This will make me lose 5 lbs in 3 days. There is a protocol for the lean and green diet, and if you wanna know all the instructions then you can email me and I’ll send it to you!
It basically goes like this…
- Wake up and drink a tall glass of water. Throughout the day, drink AT LEAST 8 glasses.
- Drink KETONES! I use the Pruvit brand, Splash or Lime flavor. It’s a powder packet you mix with water and ice. So easy to drink and yummy. http://mindbody.pruvitnow.com
- Hold off on eating for at least an hour.
- All you eat is lean protein and greens, greens, greens. It’s not super fun but if you wanna squeeze back into your dress, or just look hot in a bikini, do this plan for 3 days, and you’ll see a difference. Bye bye inflammation and bloating.
- I’m not trying to be gross, really, but this is gonna help you not to be too backed up. Don’t abuse this product! It’s called Colon Max, and if you’re backed up on crappy food from too much celebrating, I would advise it!
Well, that’s probably a lot to think about! If you end up deciding to do the lean and green 60 hour reboot, email me firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you the full protocol! If you want to know more about the ketones, you can read my Pruvit ketones review here.
Beauty Prep for Brides